Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Passengers (2016): Movie Review



                                                  


       Jim Review:

     " When I saw the preview few months back it looked very interesting and added to the list of movies to watch in 2016.  The anticipation was growing when I got to theatre and the movie started. before I share my insights I want to share on some other movies that I come out in recent year that involve space exploration.

   Event Horizon (1997) Martian (2015) Mission to Mars(2002) and Castaway (2000) all of these films have a common there of space and time spent alone.

       Now back to the movie. It was great story the only thing I didn't like is it took to long to explain!  Building character back story is important but something when it's overdone it takes away from the movie, found myself saying "Hurry up already!" multiple times!!!

        As it finally reached the climax everything gets explained and tied together for a great ending. Shaving off 20 minutes would have helps. Performances were great Michael Sheen as Arthur was witty performance with some great lines throughout the movie. Having only very few character made it very interested to ask myself, What would I do if I was in the situation?

        My final review its great film to watch and enjoy the cinematic pleasure of space and what humanity may look like years from now travelling to new worlds  rating 7 out of 10"     


          It was great movie to watch to end Work Hard Play Harder Toronto 2016 movie group.Look forward to next year movie lineup. Wi
      

  Sujit Reddy review:

              Good: Made you feel like you were on the space station with the characters 
              Bad - story & plot should have utilized more characters
              UGLY - Some of the CGI in space was horribly done

          Movie Plot

        A spacecraft traveling to a distant colony planet and transporting thousands of people has a malfunction in its sleep chambers. As a result, two passengers are awakened 90 years early.



                                            





No comments:

Post a Comment