Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Spotlight Feature; Peter Aceto CEO of Tangerine interview Neil Pasricha




                                                        




I recently chatted with Neil Pasricha who I find wonderfully inspiring. Neil is the author of The Book Of Awesome, and The Happiness Equation. He was as impactful on me as I'm certain he was on the audience of 1600 at The Art Of Leadership conference in Toronto.

I decided to share our video conversation with you in its entirety (below), because I found all 13+ minutes of our time to be refreshing, inspiring and most importantly, actionable.

Neil made me think about my happiness, and my role in helping others achieve it. I went home that night and thought about the responsibility we all carry to bring happiness to our teams at work.
So please indulge me in sharing with you what makes me happy in the context of my role as a CEO of people . . .

It makes me happy to receive feedback about my sincerity, how my leadership is different and how I help various individuals.

It makes me happy that people are inspired by me.

I like helping, and in the simplest of ways, like giving a stranger directions.

I like exceeding people's expectations and showing them that we are all equal by doing normal things like picking up garbage, cleaning up after myself when some may expect a CEO to do otherwise – something I never quite understood.

I love my job but most importantly I love that it is a platform to help.

I love that it gives me purpose.

And I will continue to leverage it to make others and myself happy and fulfilled.

It makes me very happy that I can help other people be happy
.
Have you thought about the source of your happiness?

What makes you happy?

                                                            
Peter Aceto Author of Weology and Neil Pashricha Author of The book of Awesome

              










No comments:

Post a Comment