The thought of making a cold call can send chills through the hearts of even the most seasoned business owners. After all, calling a stranger is hard enough without the stress of trying to get them to buy something. Here are some tricks to make cold calling less stressful and more productive.
- Have the mindset that they will never buy from you. Doing this will release you of the pressure of having to make the sale.
- Find out who the key decision maker is. Don't waste your time making your pitch to junior employees, receptionists or people in the wrong department.
- Don't start the conversation by asking them how they're doing. They're busy and don't have time for small talk with strangers. Cut to the chase as to why you're calling.
- Set the bar low. Don't try to close the sale. Instead ask for a meeting. If that doesn't work, ask if you can send them some information, then follow up later.
- Name drop if you can. Mention a colleague you both know or an association you both belong to. This will help build rapport and warm the call.
High 5 is a fully branded, publish ready article for your magazine, journal, or blog. Each article is around 220 words and shares 5 informative and practical tips on a specific topic.
The article is yours to publish at no cost. All I ask is that you include the logo, bi line and photo where possible. All of these items are contained in a ZIP file that can be downloaded by clicking the DOWNLOAD ARTICLE button
Look for your next High 5 article in your inbox September 4th.
About Marc Gordon
Marc Gordon is a marketing consultant, professional speaker and author specializing in small business. His articles have appeared in hundreds of publications, journals, and blogs throughout North America. His online show, marctv, has been rated one of the top 25 B2B blogs on the web.
Tel: (416) 238-7811
Visit marcgordon.ca or fourword.biz for more information. Watch the newest episode of marctv.