While Twitter has become a great tool for social interaction and networking, many companies are still unsure how, or why, to use it. But in fact Twitter can be a great sales tool for almost any retail business. Here's 5 tips for using Twitter to increase your retail sales:
- Place a Twitter link on your web site and in all your promotion material with an incentive to follow you (daily specials, exclusive offers, coupons, etc.).
- Be picky as to who you follow back. Following back some customers but not others can lead to resentment. So stick to manufacturers, associations, and industry insiders.
- Schedule tweets throughout the day. Use a free Twitter tool like HootSuite or TweetDeck to manage your account activity.
- Keep it strictly business. Don't tweet about personal stuff or anything that could dilute your message or negatively influence your image.
- Keep the conversation going. Thank people for following, ask opinions, respond to comments, answer questions, and use your Twitter account as a customer service tool.
Marc Gordon is a marketing consultant, professional speaker and author specializing in small business. His articles have appeared in hundreds of publications, journals, and blogs throughout North America. His online show, marctv, has been rated one of the top 25 B2B blogs on the web.
Tel: (416) 238-7811
Visit marcgordon.ca or fourword.biz for more information. Watch the newest episode of marctv.