Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spotlight: Success in Toronto

Get Connected Make it Happen Special Edition

Few months ago I watched an internet radio station and heard a great story of an entrepreneur who has had great networking success in Toronto!
We got connected recently and had an interview regarding his upcoming book being released in early 2011.

1. What inspired you to write the book?

When I migrated to Toronto in 2000 and even when I started writing this book in 2008, I could not find a book on this topic. Every month I came across or heard about one or more new immigrants struggling so I thought I should help them out by writing this very practical book and help them succeed here just like I did. They don’t have to struggle if they know what to do, how to get things done and they can live a great life in Toronto and be proud to be Canadian. Instead of blaming the immigration system, I thought I should try to find solutions and implement them. This book is one solution and I have more solutions that I am planning to implement in the future. Now that I have completed the book, my goal is to let each and every new immigrant to Toronto ( Greater Toronto Area ) know about this book.

2.What do you want people to learn from the book?

The book is very practical and gives solutions to real life problems new immigrants face. As you can see in the detailed table of contents at www.successintoronto.com/table-of-contents , it has a lot of information about many aspects of life. Main principles, What to do in the first 2 weeks, how to find a great job, good things about Canada, finding a place to live, travelling, buying a car, handling the winter, assistance etc. are just some of the topics covered. I would like them to follow the principles I have mentioned in chapter 1 and to take advantage of the valuable information in the other chapters. I would like them to learn how to succeed here in Toronto.

3. There is many book on success written, what makes your different?

I am poised for semi-retirement in 2011 at the age of 33 and the readers can achieve great results by following the principles I have mentioned in the first chapter of the book and by having access to a lot of valuable information that could save them money, make them more efficient and effective etc. This book is very practical and focuses on Toronto ( GTA ) making it more relevant to them. Just as an example, I even explained what the TTC is and how to use it. It would also be a great gift for a new immigrant.

Check out www.successintoronto.com for more details on what the book covers

Stay tuned for more information regarding Success in Toronto in the near future

Jim Pagiamtzis has written for Centennial College and Toronto Public Library. Go to www.jimpagiamtzis.wordpress.com for more information or email payamgis@gmail.com to feature your upcoming book or events.

No comments:

Post a Comment