Monday, December 19, 2011

My Journey to Newmarket

 Guest blog post by Patrick Bizindayvi our trip to Newmarket,ONT on Dec 16,2011

As my friend Jim is driving me to my speaking engagement in Newmarket, he just says: I think your next blog should be “My Journey to Newmarket”. And here it is Jim. I kept my promise.

I like to be around Jim, who has now become my speaking buddy. Whenever he is asked to speak he often invites me to go with him, and I have learned to do the same. Boy are we having fun together.

So, on our way to Newmarket, he asks me: “What are you going to speak about?” , to which I responded “I don't know!”. He laughed so hard at my response, but it was the honest truth. I have been speaking a lot the last few weeks that sometimes I find myself in front of the same people who are attending the same events I am attending, so I don't want to repeat the same speech they have heard many times. Good thing that I have so many stories to tell, all I have to do is remember one of them.

And it happened. By the time we got to Newmarket, I saw a number of familiar faces that had seen me speak before, so I had to find something else to speak about. Here is a small segment of my speech in Newmarket. Hope you will enjoy it: Click here to view it


Did you have fun with it? I hope you did

I heard once Bob Proctor say (and I am paraphrasing here) that if you miss your goal, don't change your goal, change your action plan. It is such a powerful statement. Guess what! I missed my goal for the month of November. So, I had to change my action plan. Do you know what I came up with? You won't believe it. I said to myself: what if there could be a way of achieving more by doing...less (it sounds crazy, doesn't it?). But I had to try it

So, for several weeks now, all I do when I get up in the morning, I write down my to do list and then I do...nothing. I pick up one of the books that Jim gave me and read it, or if I am inspired to watch a video, I do so. I most of the times even forget about my to do list (except of course calling my wife lol).

Do you know what happens at the end of the day? I go back to my list to find out that I have done everything that is in there without knowing that I did it. I sounds silly but that has been my experience. I do things that I feel I am inspired to do, and I am having fun along the way. And I have achieved so many things in this month it is not even funny.

One of the great things that are happening is the people that I am meeting now. It is crazy. Just yesterday, I had a meeting with Jennifer Beale. If you haven't heard of Jennifer Beale, maybe you do not live in Toronto. She is a powerhouse lady. I have heard of her so many times that I was so excited to finally meet her (thanks to my friend Paul). From our discussions I could tell that we are all motivated by similar reasons and that is to achieve our dreams and goals in a manner that benefits everyone, the city, country and world. I was really inspired by Jennifer's goal for 2012 especially because changing and impacting Toronto is something that we both aim to do. So the opportunity to team up with her just adds to the excitement.

Do you really know the funny part? Do you really want to know? Ok, I will tell you. She is putting together an event on December 28 and 29, and the theme is “How to Achieve your Goals in 2012”. I don't believe in coincidences. I mean, what are the odds!!! The really amazing part is the workshop retails for $495+ and it’s only $70 per person . . .

Guess what! There are some spots left for the event. Click here if you would like to attend (and I highly recommend you do)

Achieving more by doing less? I have tried it, and it seems to be working for me

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The best is yet to come (especially if you attend Jennifer Beale's event lol).

Moral of the story? Do you want to achieve more in 2012, Just decide to do nothing lol


Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com
www.goalachieverscanada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment