Monday, December 5, 2011

My Journey to a Saturday Event

Thank you to Patrick Bizindayvi for this great article regarding Get Connected Make Wealth happen event that happened on Saturday December 3,2011 in Toronto.

 

My Journey to a Saturday Event

Just few weeks ago at one of our Goal Achievers meeting, we were talking about doing an event before Christmas at which each one of us would get a chance to speak. While debating if we should do it or not, our own Jim stood straight and looked in our eyes and said : I am going to make it happen.

I have known Jim for a while, but that was the first time I saw him with such confidence. Right then I knew he would do it. He in fact did, and in a big way. He managed to find a few partners to help him promote it, he even secured a venue five minutes away from where I live with great food on the menu (how could I resist this?), and the event just happened two days ago.

We had amazing guest speakers and the audience did respond greatly to our presentations

I remember few months ago when I met Phil Taylor the founder of Goal Achievers International. I told him before I joined the group that my goal was to become a professional speaker and coach. At that time I knew what I wanted but it was not enough. I had to find my audience, and (especially) my topics. After few months, and with the help of fellow Goal Achievers members, I knew I would devote the rest of my life helping people achieve their goals. Since then it's been a fun ride (including me ending up being the President of Goal Achievers Canada).

I have found that the best way to help others achieve their goals is to achieve mine.

When I was in Burundi, I was invited by one of the TV stations down there to talk about my journey. Since then they have aired the show three times (I think I did good, what do you think?). Ever since people saw the show, I have received tons of e-mails congratulating me and, sometimes asking for my help. All I did was talk about my journey and a few goals that I had achieved

Achieving one's goal is one of the beautiful things in life. But the journey to get there is what I found the most interesting.

Sometimes on the journey to our goals it looks like nothing is happening. Believe me, it's one of the toughest moments when you don't see how you are going to make it. But trust me, it's happening even though we don't see it. It's like a farmer planting grains of corn. When the seed is in the ground, for a number of weeks nothing appears on the surface but the roots are taking forms below the surface. The farmer knows this is happening, so he doesn't worry if the crops are growing or not. He just knows when the time is right he is going to harvest what he planted.

Dreams are the same. They are like seeds planted in our heart. I heard someone say that in the vision there is provision. All we need is keep believing without seeing and the dream will come to pass like the seed in the ground that will become one day a crop to harvest.

So, my friend, don't give up when you don't see your dream happening. It's happening below the surface. Keep believing. It will come to pass.

Moral of the story? Do you want to invite me to speak at your event? Make sure you bring nice food at your event and I will help you achieve your goals


Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment