Monday, August 2, 2021

Fascination with ZZTOP: Feature article

 ZZ Top the BIG band  from Texas

It was a sad to read this week that Dusty Hill the iconic member of ZZ Top passed away at the age of 72.

There only two groups I idolized in the 80's and one of them was theses three men from Texas. Not sure why to this day.

Here is a (True) Story...

In grade 8 my music teach Mr. Bowie ask us to to do project on our favourite band. This was in the early 90's so there was no google only libraries and magazines!

When I told him my group he snickered and said "Okay"

The day came for the presentation and all student got up and did the talks on various group until they got to me the last one!

I got at the front of the class and did a short talk on this iconic group. You could hear a pin drop in the class

At the end Mr. Bowie asked me to stay as I feared the worst.  

He said "Jim, I will never ever doubt your again! Your passion and research shined through"

Moral of the story: We all have our moment of brilliants

Check out below photos and course at the some of my favorite videos. Long live ZZ Top       

                                                            



                                                      









ZZTop cameo appearance in Back to the Future 3

                                                          


                                                   


                                                    


                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment