Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Major Snow Storm in Toronto on January 29, 2019


     Monday Jan 28th

    I went out and clean the snow twice at 4pm and 8pm and figured that was going to be the last of that.

    Tuesday Jan 29th

  I wake up Tuesday morning and look outside and what to I see!  A whole lot of new snow had fallen overnight.

  It got even more interesting to see two taxis stuck and not be able to move (see pictures below). Got ready to go outside to start clearing the snow in the backyard, garage and make way to the front of the house.

  I took to my time to clear it so wouldn't hurt my back, took me half an hour to do the back and the front of the garage. There were two cars stuck on at the bottom of the lane way. The Range Rover at the top of the lane way had not trouble going through the snow.

 When I got the to the front of the house the taxi's were still stuck and my neighbor Tom was out cleaning the snow.

 One of the Taxi's ask me to push his truck  I said 'not way call you union members I have to watch my back!" he wasn't happy. Tom says "they ask me too!"  He goes on to say " Hey Jim we are both past 40 so we have to watch ourselves"  I said "Amen brother!"

 Started to clear the sideway slowly and steadily, there were lots of people passing by going to work. Most were very nice and said "Thank you"

 Headed inside to get warm and get back to work.

 At around 11:00am I see my a tow truck driver who has his parent who live across the street. He was helping both the drives with his chains get the taxi's unstuck and out.

 I yelled "You guy's don't know how luck you are that my neighbour's a two truck driver!"

 Within  15 minutes they were free and gone, about 10 minutes after that close to 12:00pm and massive plow came through and cleared the street!
 
     Blog TO Post read more

                                            
Taxi stuck on Manning at 8:00am
                                                        
Taxis and cars stuck on Manning avenue at 8:20am



Two Taxis stuck in snow on Manning avenue at 10;00am

Taxi being two backwards on Manning avenue at 11:30am

Two Truck driving hooking up Beck Taxi at 11:20am


Two truck driver underneath second Taxi driver ready to pull him out



        And now for some cool photos......

Bike lanes on Bloor covered in Snow

Front of house snow cleared

Backyard full of snow knee deep

Manning Avenue cleared by snow plow at 12:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment