Monday, December 2, 2019

Journey to skating at Sid Smith Arena


      Sunday December 1st

   It was quite night so I decided to skating for the first time this winter at Sid Smith area at Christie Pits. I have had mostly bad then good memories with this area.

  The Bad: January 28,1986 I chipped my front two teeth at the arena and even worse event the challenger disaster happened. Seven crew members lost their lives.

 Fast forward to the better at the age of 32 decided to take lesson and learned how to skate and now this day at 48 I am still skating with still lots to learn!

  When I went to the rink there were only a few skaters using a portion of the rink so I just put on my skates and did east west lengths of the arena with the room I had.

  Inside the change area there was a map of the various skates time at the arena and I remember the work that I put in at various rinks all across the city trying to learn how to skate!

  It brought me some joy that the sweat and hard work was worth it.



                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment