Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Power of Mentorship; Rady Soltani Story


   The Power of Mentorship

 

April 2014

I was part of mentoring program with the City of Toronto. I was aligned with a mentee for a period of 6 months.

Rady  Soltani was gifted graphic artist creating standout business cards and graphics for local business.
The Challenge

Rady was the best sales person and couldn’t attract new clients

The Opportunity

To give him the tools and resources to become more confident in speaking and sharing with prospects

The Goal

He want to get a booth at the local Small Business Forum held in Toronto in October 2014

The Mission

To give Rady various challenges and tasks to complete to make him feel more comfortable talk to prospective clients

At that time I was the Director of the Public Speakers Association in Toronto, I invited him to attend local chapter meeting to meet some my members and speak to them and ask questions and seek answers to his quest on being able to communicate better.

Memorable Call

It was late February 2014 and it was very cold night in Toronto. Rady calls me for our weekly phone meeting.

His says to me “still not getting any results!”

I said “Well go out tonight and get some!”

He say’s “ It’s very cold outside!”

I said “ Let me tell you, do you how much business is in your area. I have done business with multiple clients in the Annex Area.

 All I did was go in and have a conversation. Started to get results and kept going. You can do it!”

He says “Thanks Jim. Good night!”

That same night very late

I get a call “ Hi Jim I got three new clients tonight. I will never very doubt you again!”

The Result

Rady Soltani did the Small Business Forum for 2 years in a row and had great growth in his business




                                                               
Rady Soltani and Jim Pagiamtzis at the Small Business Forum 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment