Tuesday, March 3, 2020

How to start a podcast from Zero to Hero: Podcast Toronto Special Post

  Saturday February 22nd

It is always a special time of the year to attend Podcamp Toronto in February especially when we have spring time weather.

 I had submitted a talk to share online in early January at Podcamp and it wasn't selected when the event launched on the 22nd.

 I have had great experience attending the event since 2012 learning from all the speakers sharing.

 This is a special conference where you have the option to come and go from the various talks. An un-conference of sorts.

 The day progressed and took in the first few speaker and then noticed there was an option for two open rooms at 12:00pm and submitted my talk that I had shared few weeks earlier.

I got to the room and there 10 people waiting for me!  I was excited and little nervous! 

  I shared information with no powerpoint just freestyle speaking. Spoke for about 25 minutes and then had a Q & A with the audiences.

 At around 1:00pm I get an email from Podcamp organizer Lily asking if I want to speak again at 4:00pm I responded "Yes!"

 So at 4:00pm I shared the topic again to about 15 people and this time I did a video and audio recording and answered Q & A at the end

 Moral of the story:  2 talks in 1 day is great experience as my mentor always said "Prepardness meets Opportunity"


 Video coming soon.
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment