Saturday, September 15, 2018

Journey to the CDC Fundraiser


                                                                     

                                                     “It’s about journey not the destination” famous quote

On Sunday Sept 9th I experienced the quote
9:00am


I got Christie station with the intent to go to Yonge Subway and take the northbound train to  York Mills Station

What actually happens was there was morning event happening in the downtown core and street were closed in certain sections.

What followed was stopping at St. George Subways station and taking a bus to Yonge and Bloor which took about 10 minutes. Then I got off and ran to Yonge Station to take the Northbound subway
When I arrived they made an announcement that there was not subway service between St.Clair and Lawrence station and we had to take a bus!

So I got to St. Clair station and ran to get bus going north to Lawrence Station.

We got to Lawrence station in about 20 minutes, at that point I got back on the subway to one stop to York Mills station.

Subway came in 10 minutes. Got on it and went one stop and ran upstairs to find out which bus was going along Bayview to Yonge street.

We waited for about 5 minutes for the driver to get ready and start moving, it was a short ride along York Mills road to Bayview Avenue.

I got off the bus and waiting for few minutes for the south bound bus to arrive. I decided to make the short walk to 2498 Bayview avenue and arrive at the destination at 10:25am

To recap  subway, bus, subway, bus, subway, bus then walk.

For the return trip I didn’t have to do that!

It some happened the my partner for the event was coming back to Queen street East . 

So I got ride with her then took streetcar across all the way to John Street and arrived to work for my TIFF18 shift at 2:15!

As I stated sometimes it’s about the journey not the destination







                                                        
                                               






No comments:

Post a Comment