Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Journey to playing FBI agent on Designated Survivor Season 3


          Monday February 4th


       On Sunday evening receive an email from my agent if I am interested in playing an FBI agent for the show Designated Survivor. I quickly respond "Yes!"


        I was so excited to play this role, previously had played police officer in Handmaid's Tale Season 1.

     It was 2:00pm call time so I descended by car to Mississauga area parking lot and then got 2 minute shuttle ride down the street to movie set.

      When I got there quickly got my white voucher and headed to holding, the first room was full so went down the hallway to the bigger room. It was 3/4 full with actors who had been there since the morning.

     Got settled had and started to chat with some fellow actors I had never met before, then about 1hr later my good friend Muhammed Junaid shows up!  We have done number of films together in recent years.

       Muhammed had a few scripts in hand and we began to role play with them, I also had a script that I practiced for a few minutes.

        Then at 6;00pm the one of many assistant directors came in asking who is playing FBI Agents 4 hands went up, he gave us a quick read through of the scene and was supposed to happen.

    Then 20 minutes later another Assistant director brings an FBI armor and ask me to put it on, after a few minutes of changed some of the straps I was ready to go.

    Half an hour later we are taken to set and shown the room and given some instructions. Then we given some fake guns and instructed how to hold and use them, including flashlights.

    Then something interested happened, one of my FBI counterparts was told his tie was too short. He said " I don't know how to do a tie" the lady responded "figure it out quick".  I quickly  said 'give it to me, I can do it!"

     With a few seconds I had it redone and put back him, the lady returned and said " that was fast!" He said "thank to that guy!" she turns around and says "figures it was you Mr. McGyver" I just smiled.

     We did the the scene for rehearsal a few times and then filmed it. It was intense experience to walk into the room holding a gun!

     They filmed the scene a few different ways in the next hour and by 7:30pm we were done.

      It has been an amazing 5 years but every set brings new experiences that I really enjoy taking part in.      
      
    No date set for airing of the show. articles I sourced say Summer 2019 stay tuned..
Designated Survivor Season 3
   


                           
not exactly what I wore

No comments:

Post a Comment